Thursday, August 14, 2014
Each person that received a gift from me so far has also received the card you see at the top of this post. It says:
It’s my birthday but you get the gift! For my 30th birthday all I wanted to do was give back so I chose 30 people to give gifts to. All I ask is that you pay it forward and do something nice for someone else. Doing so would make one of my birthday wishes come true :) Thanks for accepting this gift! I hope that your future will be filled with as much happiness and love as possible.
The Famous Ashley Grant
Have a great day everyone! If it's your birthday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! If it's not I wish you a happy day anyway. I'd like to pass what I wrote in my birthday card on to YOU- I sincerely hope that each and every one of you will be blessed with more happiness and love than you ever dreamed possible.
This has become an annual thing and I love it so much I'm just going to keep doing it every year. So, without further adieu, here are 30 Things I've Learned in 30 Years.
1. There is good and bad in the world. Being with like minded individuals can either lead to progress or destruction. Make sure you are in the productive group.
2. Not everyone is out to get you even when it feels like the world is against you.
3. Everyone is dealing with problems and your issue may not be as bad as theirs. The nicest home can be filled with the most troubles.
4. You can’t trust everyone you meet, but keep close the people that you can.
5. You can forgive everyone that hurts you, but you should never forget. With that said, it should be noted that revenge is not always sweet. Sometimes it’s actually really bitter.
6. What’s right is not always popular; what’s popular is not always right. (all sources I found said this quote is by Albert Einstein)
7. Being the cool kid may not be all its cracked up to be. The amount of upkeep to always be trendy, have the perfect clothes, perfect hair and coolest gadgets just sounds exhausting. I’d rather get that extra hour of sleep than have every hair in place thank you!
8. A smile burns more calories than a frown and it looks better too. A bonus: smiling while unhappy somehow makes it hurt less.
9. Some people are innately evil and should be avoided like the plague. There really are some people who will beg, borrow and steal their way to the top and don’t care who they have to step on to get their. As soon as you realize who they are, pluck them out of your life!
10. Always look out for number 1, but don’t step in number 2 either. (movie line from Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield)
11. When you stop looking for mister right you find him. I didn’t see my husband Jeremy coming but am so glad his path crossed mine.
12. Speaking before thinking has massive consequences but when the heart kicks in, the head shuts down.
13. I didn’t need to take as many math classes as I did. My calculator really can solve all my math problems. P.S. love the tip calculator on my phone!
14. Someone will always be bigger, better, stronger, smarter than me. All I should really focus on is being the best I can be and following my dreams.
15. I didn’t gain weight overnight and can’t expect to lose it overnight.
16. Living a healthy lifestyle is imperative and eating crap makes me feel like crap. Note to self-must find ways to get cheaper healthier food :)
17. The best job in the world is one that you love, can make money at and are actually qualified to do. When it stops being fun its time to change it.
18. Money is not the only key to happiness but it sure feels better to cry in a car with air conditioning than one without…especially in the Florida heat. Nonetheless, I’d rather be broke and happy than rich and miserable.
19. Dogs are better than cats for some people and I prefer dogs. No hate mail please-its my preference and what I learned about me!
20. Sharing is caring except when it comes to my toothbrush. Mom also always said never share my drinks, my makeup or my hairbrush.
21. Karma is a bitch sometimes but she can be sweet too. Do unto others as you want done to you.
22. One red sock can ruin an entire load of white clothes but pink is one of my favorite colors.
23. If at first you don’t succeed destroy all evidence you tried. Never give up, never surrender.
24. Being an adult is fun but responsibility blows sometimes!
25. I should have stopped wishing I was older and enjoyed every minute of the present. Too often I look forward to stuff in the future and neglect the wonderful moments of now.
26. Wine is fine but liquor is quicker; either way hangovers suck!
27. Everything happens for a reason and we may never know what that reason is. Some things in life have to be accepted and this is one of them.
28. You don't always have to know how something works to believe in it...For example, I don't know how electricity works but I use it and I do know this- A man can cook with electricity and electricity can also cook the man (lesson learned from Bob Proctor)
29. I do not have all the things I want today, but I have everything I need and for that I'm grateful! There is always, ALWAYS, something to be grateful for!
30.... The one I learned this year that has become my new mantra is: You haven't actually failed until you stop breathing!!! I LOVE this lesson! I'm taking it to heart because I have been bummed over not being where I want to be in my career yet and have felt a little like a failure but you know what- as long as there is breath in my lungs and a beat in my heart that means I have another day to work towards making my dreams come true. So, I have not failed! I have just found ways that don't work and I will continue working towards my goals until I can't anymore!
Also check out Celebrites I Share My Birthday With!!!
Where I found the picture at the top of this post
This post may contain a link to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
I've been wanting to try a beignet ever since first hearing about them on the Girls Next Door (don't judge me!). The girls were in New Orleans for Mardi Gras- Kendra and Bridget were sick and Holly bought them coffee and beignets in attempt to bring them both back to life. I hadn't heard of beignets before that episode actually- I know. I need to get out more. Well, today I got my chance to try beignets because one of the gals I work with has a dad who apparently loves cooking and has a killer recipe for these powdered sugar covered fluffy concoctions. Above is a photo she took after her dad made a batch and this morning she brought some into the office.
The best way I can describe a beignet now that I've finally eaten one is an airy pastry coated in
These little bastards are good and I confess one wasn't enough so I had a second. The second one was just as good as the first. I would definitely be willing to stuff my face with them again if given the chance. Apparently they are best when made fresh though. I went back for a third about a half an hour later and it wasn't as good.
Too impatient to wait on a trip to New Orleans or for someone to bring you some to try? Here's a recipe to make your own at home.
Monday, August 11, 2014
|Robin Williams 7/21/51 to 8/11/14|
Today, is a sad day not just for Hollywood, but for anyone who has ever been touched by the humor that came from Robin Williams. For those of you who don't know he was found dead this morning in his home and according to news reports it was from an apparent suicide.
Robin Williams was an amazing actor and I loved watching him in everything I saw him in. He made me laugh, he made me cry, he made me forget about everything going on in my life for those brief periods of time I let myself get lost in watching his films.
What saddens me the most is not only hearing the news that this funny man we all looked to for laughs committed suicide but that his publicist said he has been suffering from depression for a long time. Please folks- if there is ANYONE you know suffering from depression encourage them to get help. Don't suffer in silence.
Source for image above
Saturday, August 9, 2014
Friday, August 1, 2014
|David Tutera and The Famous Ashley Grant|
I made lots of connections and have not yet had a chance to follow up with a single one of them. Sigh... The day job until I'm famous had to come first. The good news is it's Friday and other than a photography gig and a movie I'm seeing I've planned to devote this weekend to going through my massive pile of business cards looking for the people I swore I'd email and then I will spend the next week doing just that!
I still have lots of photos to post, reviews to write and shout-outs to give and I will keep my word that this year I will not abandon the cards and the people behind them for several months. I will not give anyone the chance to forget about me! So, if I met you at BlogHer and said I'd write you - I will :) If you said you would write me, I understand why you haven't yet. Let's continue to get caught up and we will connect real soon.
The Famous Ashley Grant