Monday, September 8, 2014
My Low Carb Egg Casserole (I Won't Shut Up About)
Yesterday I made the most EGGcellent low carb egg casserole and it is sooooooooooo yummy. It made four servings so it will be my breakfast through Thursday and anything that makes me not have to cook or think about breakfast in the morning makes me a happy Ashley indeed!
I went searching for the perfect casserole and became frustrated that most of the recipes required 12 eggs so, here's how I made mine:
- 3 eggs- Cracked obviously. You don't want shells in your food.
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used Publix's 4 Cheese Mexican blend because it has more flavor and is better than your stupid cheddar cheese)
- 1/4 cup diced ham (you could go with chunks but I am not a fan of eating anything with the word chunks in it)
- 1/4 cup of green and red peppers diced (I'm lazy so I used the diced blend that is already cut up in the produce section)
- 1/8 cup onion (I'm not as big of a fan of onion- it over powers everything)
- 1/4 cup of milk (to make it fluffy!!! FLUFFFFFFAY!!!!!!!!<- Gabriel Iglesias reference fool!)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees- because no one wants to eat uncooked eggs except for those freaks who drink them in their muscle shakes. BLEH! GWOSS!
2. Mix up your ingredients in a bowl. Scramble it with a fork til its real nice and blendy
3. Grease a pan real good like with some of that slick spray oil stuff. I used a small pan for mine - it was one of those small oval pans from the Wilton baking section of Jo-Anns but you could probably use a loaf pan or something like that ;)
4. Pour that golden, vegetabley and ham goo into your pan
5. Put that precooked goo that is now in a pan into your oven and bake the demons out of it for 30 to 40 minutes. Mine took 40. must of put up a good fight
6. Cool it a tad, slice it and EAT it.
7. pat self on back for casserole done good!