Sunday, May 16, 2010
Paid my parking ticket
Yup! I got a parking ticket while shooting a charity event. Parking sucks in so many places in the Tampa Bay area!!! So...thought I'd write up a post on my thoughts regarding parking if you are a photographer, writer or even just a vendor working an event somewhere:
1. Check out places to park for free before you go!
2. Call your contact and see if there are places designated for you to park
3. If no place to park for free find the closest place with the cheapest price. *hint* If you have a lot of gear to bring with you, the extra coin for a closer space is usually worth it.
4. Bring a roll of quarters with you EVERYWHERE! If nothing else this might save you if there is an unforeseen toll road in your future.
5. Bring at least $10 in ones. Why $10? Well...several of the places I've had to park in the Tampa Bay area are between $0.50 and $1.25 an hour. You don't want to be checking your watch at a crucial moment in the event and fearing you have to run to your car.
6. With metered parking read the limit on it. Just because you keep adding coins doesn't mean the extra time will be added once your limit is up. i.e. $0.50 for an hour and a one hour limit on the meter...don't add $1.00 because you will then lose $0.50!!!
That is all I can think of for now. If you have other tips please comment =)
Sure these ideas may seem like common sense- but planning ahead can save you the $40 I totally just had to shell out for parking at an event I wasn't even paid for! If my post helps one person I'll feel a little better about this whole situation!!!!